Buddy Miles allow any registered user on exploreoh.com to add dependents to their account so that they can log their miles together. This can be a child, family member, pet, etc.
Buddy Miles will allow you to add dependents to your account so that anyone can complete the Challenge. This makes it possible to participate without having a unique email address or creating a new account for any dependents on exploreoh.com.
Here are a few ways participants can use this feature:
- Parents can log miles for their children
- Teachers can log miles for the students (e.g., physical education classes, Field Day competitions, etc.)
- Coaches can log miles for their teams
- Community leaders can log miles for local activity groups and clubs
- Families can log miles for grandparents and other seniors
- Pet owners can even log miles for their pets
Once you sign into your account, you'll be able to add and manage your list of Buddies (known on the site as your "Family") and log miles for each Buddy you've added. Here's how to add a Buddy and log Buddy Miles:
1. Find the "Add a Buddy" Button on your home page on the right hand side.
After you've added your Buddies, you can log miles for them.
Additionally, you can find mileage totals for each Buddy in the Activity Log or in the “My Family” section of the homepage. You can edit or delete your Buddies here as well.
Ohio's state parks and all of its great outdoors offer so many opportunities for spending time with family and friends. The Buddy feature makes it easier for families to explore Ohios trails together. If you have questions, let us know on Twitter or Facebook, or drop us a line – we’d love to hear how you’re completing your #ExploreOhio challenge with your buddies!